12 November 2009

where i come from...

living room bay window with views of russian hill

i've been in love with victorian architecture as long as i can remember, but the apartment that i moved into after graduating college (and lived in for 10 years) really developed this love into a full-on affair to remember.

i gave up my final key to the place yesterday - i know, i know, time to move on already - so here's a look at her on my last day.

she's a grand old dame and she's the inspiration for lots of projects that are percolating in this pretty little head of mine...

ceiling detail above bay window

corner molding in living room

my bedroom (above and below)


view from my bed, all the way to the front bay

bedroom detail - door and molding

crown molding in my bedroom

window frame in my bedroom

second bedroom - or what i affectionately called "the shoe room"

main stairwell

molding and lincrusta in the main stairway

close up of banister and newel posts

farewell, apartment c. you brought me so much joy over the years - i grew up and figured out who i was with you. i hope your next partner loves and cherishes you as much as i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message at the beep.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers